Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiration!

The following are some select quotes I found particularly interesting, inspirational or funny at the Dave Pelzer/Lee Cox Rotary Workshop I attended in Fairmont, MN on April 29th 2010.

Dave is the author of the bestselling books “A Child Called ‘It’”, “The Lost Boy” and “A Man Named Dave”. His books detail the abuse/neglect he sustained from his mother as a child, his life growing up in foster care and finally his life as an adult.

Lee Cox is the author of the book "Raised on Fear”. His book details his life story of domestic violence; Lee now owns a business that helps others with their life problems.

Dave Pelzer-“I expect nothing but greatness from you.”
Dave Pelzer-“If you have to sit and analyze ‘Am I a good person?’ You’re not.”
Dave Pelzer-“If you don’t believe in what you do, what do you believe in?”
Dave Pelzer-“Common sense-makes sense.”
Dave Pelzer-“Think with your head, speak with your heart.”
Dave Pelzer-“Hurt-people hurt people.” (AKA: Deflection)
Dave Pelzer-“Know better, do better.”
Dave Pelzer-“The time is now to act.”
Dave Pelzer-“If you’re not living up to your full potential you are cheating yourself.”
Dave Pelzer-“I know I am blessed.”
Dave Pelzer-“Cancer (child abuse) never sleeps. Get people to open up right away. The more you know about the cancer, the easier it is to defeat it.”
Dave Pelzer-“Challenge is good.”
Dave Pelzer-“Fear is okay as long as it doesn’t freeze you up.”
Dave Pelzer-“I am not about abuse. I am about resilience! Who are you? What are you about?”
Dave Pelzer-“Anything you are and do…blah, blah, blah! Just shut up and be happy!”
Dave Pelzer-“What are you trying to do? How can you help people if you don’t have YOUR life in order?”
Dave Pelzer-“Be happy NOW!”
Dave Pelzer-“Now that you know better, I EXPECT you to DO better!”
Dave Pelzer-“Everybody has JUNK in their own trunk!”
Dave Pelzer-“Some things take time…do you wanna go back to that hurt-locker again?”
Dave Pelzer-“The sooner we can open up the hurt-locker, the sooner we can move on.”
Dave Pelzer-“With maturity and time people learn. Have them think about ‘What it is’ versus ‘What is was’…”
Dave Pelzer-“You can’t carry everyone. If you had ten days to live, what would you do? You can’t save the world.”
Dave Pelzer-“Where are you at? Where are your intentions? What can we do to make it happen?”
Dave Pelzer-“You have no idea of the power you have. Everything will be fine.”
Dave Pelzer-“Never let them see you sweat. Never let them see you bleed.”
Dave Pelzer-“Never enter a situation unless you know how you are going to get out.”
Dave Pelzer-“Do everything in 3’s. Be prepared! Sometimes things just happen.”
Dave Pelzer-“Let go of your guilt! Let go of your shame! Let go of your cross, someone else can use the wood!”
Dave Pelzer-“Keep moving forward. Don’t you EVER quit your mission!”
Dave Pelzer-“Be prepared for greatness.”
Dave Pelzer-“Do whatever it is you have to do but don’t quit!”
Dave Pelzer-“I’m not going to love you any less for what you’ve done.”
Dave Pelzer-“The more you open up, the better for you.”
Dave Pelzer-“Go slow.”
Dave Pelzer-“If you aren’t struggling in a relationship, you’re divorced!”
Dave Pelzer-“Make your loved ones feel safe.”
Dave Pelzer-“Never make a life altering decision in a moment of distress.”
Dave Pelzer-“Everything will work out, 99% of the time, with time.”
Dave Pelzer-“God don’t make junk.”
Dave Pelzer-“It takes SEVENTY-THREE positives to make up for every ONE negative.”
Dave Pelzer-“People pay attention when you surprise them.”
Dave Pelzer-“No matter what you say or what you do I’m going to give you unconditional love and caring.”
Dave Pelzer-“Abuse is bad. We KNOW that!”
Dave Pelzer-“With great power comes great responsibility.”
Dave Pelzer-“Life isn’t fair. It will NEVER be fair!”
Dave Pelzer-“Whatever you’ve done to your parents will come back to you TEN FOLD when you have children! Remember that!”
Dave Pelzer-“Look for YOUR triggers: trust, food, intimacy, etc… Address those things!”
Dave Pelzer-“How do you do what you do? You should all be drug-addicts and alcoholics by now! How do you maintain your sanity?”
Dave Pelzer-“You prioritize, you program and you DO IT!”
Dave Pelzer-“Whatever issue they’re facing or you’re dealing with is ONLY for the NOW!”
Dave Pelzer-“Always do something PROACTIVE!”
Dave Pelzer-“Work is hard…Work is good.”
Dave Pelzer-“It’s gonna be hard at first. If it was easy everyone would do it.”
Dave Pelzer-“Everyone has a gift! USE IT!”
Dave Pelzer-“Married women live longer than men because they purge their feelings often and carry less stress.”
Dave Pelzer-“When you wipe your butt and flush the toilet, it all goes away!”
Dave Pelzer-“The bedroom is for two things only: one of them is sleeping!”
Dave Pelzer-“Sleep! Have fun! How many more seasons do you have left? How will you live them out?”
Dave Pelzer-“What do you love? Do what you love! Take care of yourself!”
Dave Pelzer-“Look for the signs! There are ALWAYS signs!”
Dave Pelzer-“Oprah get off the crack!”
Dave Pelzer-“Love never ends and the lessons never end.”
Dave Pelzer-“No one’s perfect. What you see is what you get.”
Dave Pelzer-“Wait for the light and swing back.”
Dave Pelzer-“Keep the faith!”
Dave Pelzer-“If it’s challenging now it will be good later! If it’s good now it will be challenging later!”
Dave Pelzer-“When you think ‘This sucks!’, EMBRACE the ‘SUCK’!

Lee Cox-“It’s not a good idea to tell a woman on the first date, ‘Hey, I’ve beaten a few women in my day but you’re gonna be the exception…”
Lee Cox-“I’m not really broken…I just thought I was…”

No comments:

Post a Comment